Sunday 30 March 2014













 I found that this story hit me where I was not expecting it. It had many twists and turns and kept me guessing for the entire novel. It really engaged my mind as I was reading it. It had some depth to it, some romance and just some pure great story telling. I loved it.

I must admit when I first saw the blurb for this story I was intrigued. Boy and girl break up, remain friends for seven years and then boy tries to get back together. I thought this was going to be a nice light read. I mean watching the boy chase the girl. It had to be worth a laugh.

Boy was I wrong. This story was not light and airy. It was rip my heart out and stomp on it, GREAT. It had unbelievable depth and intensity.

Jeremy Matthews and Savannah Morgan had dated through high school until Savannah had ended things with really no good reason. For years they coast together, still hanging out with the same crowd of people. Always together, close like best friends. He even moves on and is involved with Charlotte, but he has never really gotten over Savannah. It kills her to see him with Charlotte but she puts on a good front. She ended things and if he every knew why he would never forgive her.

His friends finally tell him" If Savannah is it for you, then you need to do everything in your power to make her see that." Thus begins "Operation Prove Savannah Wrong.'

He decides enough is enough and sets out to get her back with him. Where she belongs. " You are not getting away this time Sugar." He sends her flowers , cleans out the gutters at her house, fixes leaky faucets, mows the grass and shows up at work with lunch for her. He teases her relentlessly, kisses her without going further. He won't until she admits she wants him to.

"Sugar, all you have to do to get me to sleep with you is say four little words. We. Are. A. Couple." She caves. I mean really who wouldn't. They have hot sex every where, constantly, and things are great. UNTIL. She comes clean, she confesses. And then all hell breaks loose. Jeremy has a hard time dealing with what she has revealed. Will he be strong enough to get past it. Will their love really be all emcompassing to survive those seven long years apart and this devasting secret. What about her group of friends? Will they choose sides? Will she have anyone left after all is finally reveled?

Get out the kleenex and the warm blanket ladies. You are in for an emotional ride as you read this story. It is heartbreaking as Savannah truly reveals her soul to us as we read about her life. She has had to experience so much at such a young age and has bottled it up inside her for so long without really dealing with it and moving on. I loved reading about the two of them and I am hoping and praying for a HEA. I would rate this story a 5/5 and am definately going to read more by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment