Saturday 29 March 2014

I recently read " A Beautiful Prison"by Jenika Snow. She released it a little while ago and is having all sorts of issues with it on Amazon, first they pulled it, saying it was inappropriate and then we was the victim of many malicious comments. finally it is back up where it needs to be. I thought  I would share my thoughts with everyone. sure it was a little dark, edging towards some non consensual actions but it was always done tastefully and with the utmost respect. It was a deep and moving novel. It really makes you have a look at all that you hold dear and appreciate what you have. I really loved it. here is my review. Please join me in reading it and follow me as we continue to praise the authors we love so that they continue to write for us. Imagine if they all get discouraged and stop writing, what will we, the reader do then ?? Watch TV?? I hope to he'll not.





 



Ruby Jacobson is living in a trailer with Mom. She has just finished highschool and is planning her escape. She has saved her money and is catching a bus heading to Fort Hampton on a one way ticket.
Somehow things go wrong on this journey of hers and she finds herself held captive and up for sale. Gavin Darris, a millionaire is at the human auction looking for a true submissive, he wants someone who will enjoy having his marks on her body, someone that will crave the pain he wishes to cause and he thinks that might be Ruby.
She is wisked away to start her new life. "She was his. He needed to possess her, own her, make sure that she knew that he was the one that held all the power."
She only has two rules to follow 1. obey and 2. never deny him.
Ruby does not think that she is normal. Her entire life she has had dark fantasies, but not like this, this is against her will, he makes her feel things that she shouldn't. She struggles against him, struggles to be free of him. She thinks that she is demented, what normal person wants pain with their pleasure? Why is she becoming aroused by her captor?
This story was simply amazing. It was an emotional journey between these two characters. I found the relationship between them was changing and evolving from the first time they met. It is unconceivable that he purchases her and is convinced that she will just automatically obey and bow to him. Yet he did treat her with some kindness. She struggles so very much to decide what she wants out of her life. She never thought of herself as anyone's possession.
This story had some really dark parts to it. I admit that I did struggle at the beginning, with how she comes to be there, but realize that it was necessary for us to have that background. I thought his character was perfect. Just the right amount of sadistic behavior thrown in with some compassion. I don't want to give away any other spoilers. I would definately recommend this story to anyone that likes a little darkness and a fresh story line. I would give this story a 5/5.(less)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your review and support! It is readers/reviewers like you that keep authors uplifted and pushing forward with their dream <3

    ReplyDelete